Sunday, September 28, 2014

Repeat, Again and Again... "It is Well With My Soul"

None of us truly know how we would react or respond to such overwhelming circumstances and tragedy unless we have personally experienced it. I love the story behind Horatio G. Spafford, the successful Chicago lawyer, who back in the late 1800 wrote “It is Well With My Soul”.

The words were not composed out great success but came as a reflection at a time of great personal tragedy. To lose so much, rejected by those who should have loved and yet stand on this foundation that produces such extraordinary purpose, well, it continues to amaze me every time I hear the story.

Dr. David Jeremiah shares the history of this amazing life beautifully. 




What an example, to know your mission and purpose and to truly come to a place where no road block, distraction or tragedy can deter you or your journey. Oh, I still have such a way to go, but how grateful I am for my journey.

I hope you don't allow something or someone to derail your journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment